04 February 2014

Book Review No. 81 ~ Under the Never Sky


















Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Summary:  Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chance of surviving in the outer wasteland--known as The Death Shop--are slim.  If the cannibals don't get her, the violent energy storms will.  She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her.  Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry.  He's wild--a savage--and her only hope of staying alive.  A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile--everything he would expect from a Dweller.  But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption.  Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive.  Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.  (taken from book jacket)

First Line:  "They called the world beyond the walls of the Pod 'the Death Shop.'"


My Critique:  This has been on my "to read" list for a while but I had just been putting it off in favor of other books and things.  And when I picked it up and started reading I wasn't immediately enthralled with the story.  However, about 70 pages in I got completely hooked.  I can't pinpoint exactly what it was that hooked me other than perhaps the character development over the previous 70 pages finally clicked.  At any rate, this could be a quick read if you dedicate the time to it.  It was very good and I already got the next book, Through the Ever Night to begin today!

----------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the afore mentioned book, Under the Never Sky, are the sole views and opinions of the author and have nothing to do with me or my own views/opinions/beliefs...so get off my back. I am in no way affiliated with with afore mentioned author...except that one time in Vegas------------oh wait, ummm, nevermind.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog